Wednesday 9 November 2016

Dear Diary – Day Three


Oh my, so much to do, and I forgot the cook asked me for the recipe.  

Better write that up.

Caramalise Onion, Brie and Craisin Starter.

  • ·       2 Tbsp butter
  • ·       2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • ·       1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • ·       1 onion
  • ·       1 packet of craisins (dried cranberries)
  • ·       75g of toasted flaked almonds
  • ·       Brie
  • ·       Toasted pita breads to serve

Combine butter, sugar and vinegar in a saucepan over a low heat.

Add 1 sliced onion and stir until it caramelizes.

After this has happened add the craisins and toasted flaked almonds.

While the mixture is still warm pour over a warm brie (to warm brie put it on a microwaveable plate and warm for 30 seconds being careful not to overheat)

Serve with toasted pita breads or other crackers of your preference and most importantly, enjoy!

The cook I must say is rather formidable.  It would not be an exaggeration to say she was large.  A lot younger than me but a lot bigger than me.  I got the sense that she could easily squish me if she so decided.  As a result I was very polite to her and jumped to her every command.  Mistress Eleanor calls her PS, but I call her Ma’am.  I wonder what PS stood for?  Pamela Stephenson perhaps?  She was always offering advice and never failed to get the last word in, but not with the Mistress of course.  I hope we can be friends.

The most memorable task of the day was changing the sheets in one of the guest rooms.  The occupants had certainly been busy and there was what I took to be semen stains on the bedding, even the pillow.  Whatever had they been doing?  Well, of course I could guess, but still...


It was only when I finished making the bed that it dawned on me that this might have been my wife’s room.  Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment