Wednesday 9 November 2016

Dear Diary - Day Two

Well getting into, eh, costume was interesting, but I will have to leave a description till later.  Let’s just say I look like a maid.  Although definitely of the kitchen maid type, I think the term is scullery maid.  Oh dear... And an old maid too.

But that is not the think to think about at present.  The cook had me prepare a caramelised onion and brie dip.  That brought back memories as it is one of my wife’s favourites.  I was then told to take it upstairs where Mistress Eleanor was hosting a bon voyage party for one of her friends.  I should have known.  It was for my wife.  I didn’t know if I should be happy or sad, but as it was no one paid me any attention.  The benefit of being a maid is that no one notices you.

All I had to do was walk into the room and place the dish on the side board where the other food was.  I noticed my wife in the corner talking to a handsome man. 

As I adjusted the dishes to make room I kept sneaking glances over at her.  She saw me doing this.  I blushed.  She smiled, but the smile could equally have been directed at her gentleman friend.  I felt jealous.  I felt aroused.  I watched as she kissed him.  I forced myself to turn away so I didn’t stare.  I turned to go.  They were still kissing.  Passionately.  Her eyes were closed as she savoured the shared intimacy which is unique to a kiss.  Oh my.  How I longed to kiss my wife like that. 

As I took one last look before leaving the room my wife opened her eyes and looked directly at me.  I scurried away to the safety of my cell a bundled of conflicted emotions.

At least I have you, dear diary, to confide in.

No comments:

Post a Comment